How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118681
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother died in greenfield, MASS without a will. she left

Customer Question

my mother died in greenfield, MASS without a will. she left a house & I was appointed by probate court to handle her legal mattters includidng the house. i want to have it transfered from my name to my son, Johnathan Towne. How do I do this since I live in Okemos, Michigan & cant travel to MASS
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would have to engage a lawyer in MA to handle the probate of your mother's estate and to get all of the assets transferred. You cannot do that by long distance. As far as legal aid, they generally do not take cases unless it is for a MA resident, so if your son is a MA resident, he can go to legal aid for assistance and file a "Motion to Remove Administrator" in the probate court and ask the court to remove you because you are unable to perform the duties and to appoint him instead to allow him to continue finishing the probate with him as the administrator.