Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I was tring to purchase a foreclosure property. Went and met

Customer Question

I was tring to purchase a foreclosure property. Went and met an agent for Re-max, but not the listing agent from what she told me. After looking at the property for the second time, first by myself with the Re-max agent advised me to go $2500 per acre 3.8 acres, because the roof on the house was caved in on one end of the house with water damage all the way through to the floor. The whole roof was bad through out with more leaks through out the house and the house was not livable. Very rule area in the country. Has one pole barn, chicken house and a dog pin on it. Was tolded she was sure that there was no contract on it. I gave her the $500 earnest money to start the process. She said she would send the papers that night, witch was this past Saturday afternoon to the listing agent and try to call her. Talked to her today and she said they told her they had a contract for the full amount $34,500.. She already told me that we could request to see the contract, but not the price. I told her we need to see the contract and if don't have, I would go $24,500. on it. She said she would call her and call me right back. There is something fishy going on, now that I want the house and they can get it for their self maybe. Please advise.
Thank you,
Benny Kolb
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..I have read your comments, but am not quite sure what your legal question is..."Please advise" is kind of an open ended request... If you could narrow it down a bit, I will do my best to get you an answer..Have you actually submitted an offer on the property?.Does a bank currently own the property?.Do you know how long it has been listed for sale?.thanksBarrister