How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2249
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our home is located in Marion Cty, FL. New laminated floors

Customer Question

Our home is located in Marion Cty, FL. New laminated floors were installed in 2015 and after 8 months in some areas where the laminate boards meet, the laminate is coming up. Now not the board itself but the laminate on top of board at the seam. The company Empire Today headquartered in TX with office, only an office located in Orlando, FL did the installation. The installer that came to do the repair work said he couldn't guarantee not damaging the laminate that wasn't coming up at joint edges as he has to pull up all the laminate from walls to different areas within the rooms to get to damaged spots. Now he took pictures and presented to Orlando office his findings, they in turn submitted to higher ups and higher ups now inform us this damage that is occurring is due "SITE RELATED ISSUES" such as water/dampness and is not covered under the guarantee. The cost was over 4 thousand dollars for these floors. They never told us this nor do we have any paperwork to such "SITE RELATED ISSUES" that could occur if we installed this laminate. Do we go through small claims or hire an attorney but what type of attorney?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. This is under the small claim limit and small claims would be an appropriate forum. However, it would be reasonable to retain local counsel as well to pursue getting your out of pocket expenses paid.A litigation attorney that deals with construction work and/or defects would be the type to retain. The lawyer should be experienced representing homeowners against contractors, that is a Florida Construction Litigation Attorney that routinely represents the homeowner rather then the contractors.Here are a couple resources to find a construction litigation lawyer: Florida Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service: reliable resources that rate lawyers based on peer and client review are: and you decide on small claims then here is the link to the Marion County website: my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! Please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).