How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3723
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have been asking and waiting in the house we

Customer Question

We have been asking and waiting for repairs in the house we rent in Fayetteville NC for 2 yrs almost. The property manager has continued to miss or cancel appointments after we make arrangements to be available. The repairs were never completed. Now we are a few months from the end of our lease and have decided not to renew. The manager now wants to impose a mandatory walk through to access repairs on a date and at a time that she has already been informed that I work from our home office. She has stated she will use her key to gain entry if needed. I am currently ill with a highly contagious bacterial infection possibly caused by one of the issues in our home and don't need the added stress of her forcing her way into our home. What can we do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
You should tell her that due to your medical condition, she is not permitted to enter the premises. Therefore, you can tell her that the damage that exists is well documented as not your fault and you demand a full return of your deposit promptly upon your moveout date. That is the legal requirement under North Carolina law. You can also tell her that you may have a claim against the owner because you got sick because of the conditions in the house, and you are consulting a lawyer about making that claim.Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.