How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118286
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are having a difficult land situation with our neighbor.

Customer Question

We are having a difficult land situation with our neighbor. Not long ago we sent a cease and desist letter regarding him trespassing on our land on an extinguished easement he no longer should be using. As retaliation he has put up roughly 500' of high powered electric fence around us and we can no longer bring our one year old daughter or two small pets outside as this fence will likely kill them if touched. Is there any law in Massachusetts that prevents electric fence being used when it endangers neighbors lives?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, no, there is no law that actually prohibits use of the electric fence in MA. He has to properly mark it and provide warnings, but legally even if as you claim it is endangering lives if people go near it and touch it, the MA law does not make such fences illegal I am afraid. The proper way to protect yourself and your animals is to put your own fence up on your property to prevent people or animals from getting close to his fence. That is the recourse you have.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any further questions about this or information we could provide you?