How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm representing myself in a civil matter and have

Customer Question

I'm representing myself in a civil matter and have send out some subpoenas for information, but so far none of them have replied with the requested information. What steps can be taken if they fail to respond? My next question is about the criminal side which of course has not been investigated because of trying to settle going the civil route. Is it possible to subpoena the Texas Rangers to do forensic investigation to test items and prove these
criminal things are true and either turn this into a criminal case or let the Rangers start an investigation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Please be patient when waiting for a response. I may be looking something up, typing the response, or busy with something else and sometimes it takes a while to respond. What steps can be taken if they fail to respond?If a person fails to respond to a proper subpoena then the proper route is to first send them a letter reminding them they haven't responded and then if they still don't respond file a Motion for Contempt or a Motion to Show Cause, set a hearing, and have them served so they can explain to the judge why it hasn't been provided. Is it possible to subpoena the Texas Rangers...?No. A subpoena can only be used to obtain documents or physical evidence already in existence. It can't be used to force anyone to make evidence, run tests, etc.

Related Real Estate Law Questions