Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We are a property preservation company being sued

Customer Question
Hi we are a property...
Hi we are a property preservation company being sued for missing personal property left over a year ago in a foreclosed property is this abandoned property
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/1/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. Property becomes abandoned when the owner appears to relinquish his ownership interest in the property. For example, if the house was foreclosed upon and sold, and the owners had ample warning and opportunity to remove their items, then I would say that they did abandon them. On the other hand, if the owners were quickly locked out of the house without warning, and their items were immediately removed and discarded, then the items were not likely abandoned. The issue here is that you will need to show that the owners had ample warning and opportunity to retrieve their items, and that their failure to do so would lead a reasonable person to believe that they had abandoned the items. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney