How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33125
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father was allowed to o use land in back of his house, he

Customer Question

My father was allowed to o use land in back of his house, he maintained it and grew a garden on it. He passed away a 1 1/2 yr. ago. He gave his property to his 2nd wife. She has turned out to b a thief and liar , I do not want her on my property , does she have any rights to it?
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, putting up no trespass signs and partioning off the land, she took the stakes down, so I'm sending her the towns official land survey. It proves that property is mine
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No! Since the property was used by my father, and now he's dead! I want her off my property!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Assuming there was no written lease or recorded easement allowing for access or use of the property, the permission she has to tend the garden is a "license". A license is the most causal of land or access rights and may be revoked at any time.Send her a certified letter indicating that her license is hereby revoked and if she attempts to come on the property without further permission she will be considered a trespasser and will subject to criminal and civil penalties legally available.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.

Related Real Estate Law Questions