How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7305
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am asking about regulations governing re-zoning land that

Customer Question

I am asking about regulations governing re-zoning land that shoukd have been under
the grandfathered clause.
From residental to Business general.
Partial 014047 ***** Chbg. Va
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure that I understand your question. You are speaking of rezoning, which can always take place. Grandfathering occurs after a rezoning. In other words if you are currently in a residential zone, which is rezoned to business, your property will remain residential as a nonconforming use. In other words, the rezoning won't affect your current use of your property under the old zoning. Does this answer your question? I hope that this answer is helpful and that you will rate it positively. Please feel free to send me a follow-up question.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Related Real Estate Law Questions