How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work with a utility and we purchased another utility 30 years

Customer Question

I work with a utility and we purchased another utility 30 years ago. A month ago a water line was hit by a contractor clearing a piece of property that we did not know existed. It had two service connections off of the line that have been in use since the purchase. The clearing contractor and land owner are claiming damages for holding up their work progress. Should I be liable? We installed new service connection to the two customers which took about a month and abandoned the line that ran across this property.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Can you please clarify the situation? What do you mean when you say that you work with a "utility?" And what other utility has been purchased? What kind of water line and where? Who hired the contractor? How are you related to this situation? Etc. This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.