How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38211
Experience:  17 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am giving my aunt a cashiers check as the 40% of my grandpas trust and I want her to si

Customer Question

I am giving my aunt a cashiers check as the 40% of my grandpas trust and I want her to sign and notarize a letter stating she was paid? What should be in the letter
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..You need a "Receipt and release" letter that basically states that she is receiving $XXXXX as her share of the trust and she acknowledges that is the full disbursement from the trust and she releases you from any further liability under the terms of the trust once she takes possession of the funds..This is a link to an inexpensive form that will serve your needs: Receipt and Release..thanksBarrister