How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7349
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am tenants in common by warranty deed with one individual

Customer Question

i am tenants in common by warranty deed with one individual that thinks he owns the entire house. he took me to eviction court and the judge ordered him to come back in seven days to prove he owned the house. i did not understand i had to be present as she never one time addressed me . the next thing i know im receving a writ of possession on my door. i called the courthouse and was advised i had a default judgement against me. aside from my own ignorance for not going after the seven days i haven't had one chance to prove my case as i was never served anything about the default judgement and what options i had i understand now i can be kicked off my own property because he presented the court with false documents he lied to the courts and law enforcement many times he is a convicted murderer and a pathological liar
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
You have good grounds to hire a lawyer to file a motion to vacate the judgment and give you the opportunity present a defense. You should have gone back to court and asked for an opportunity to dispute the papers that the other party presented. The judge should have made it clear to you that the trial would go on in seen days and you should be there. I hope this is helpful and that you will give me a positive rating.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.