How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41004
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought some land that has a doublewide mobile home on it

Customer Question

I bought some land that has a doublewide mobile home on it that is fianced. I filed to have the owners removed,my next step is to go to justice of peace. I'm needing to know how I can place a lien against the mobile home for lot rent unpaid as well as take possession of the mobile home if a agreement can't be reached
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I used one in Marshall Texas for the eviction process
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Only I bought the property from my brother in February , I called the owners as well visited that I purchased the property and needed them to move or pay 350.00 a month on rent starting April 1. Waited called March 29th to proceed they informed they werent
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Yes you just need to plead it in forcible entry and detainer suit you file. Texas law Sec. 24.0051. PROCEDURES APPLICABLE IN SUIT TO EVICT AND RECOVER UNPAID RENT. (a) In a suit filed in justice court in which the landlord files a sworn statement seeking judgment against a tenant for possession of the premises and unpaid rent, personal service on the tenant or service on the tenant under Rule 742a, Texas Rules of Civil Procedure, is procedurally sufficient to support a default judgment for possession of the premises and unpaid rent.(b) A landlord may recover unpaid rent under this section regardless of whether the tenant vacated the premises after the date the landlord filed the sworn statement and before the date the court renders judgment.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Sample forms see paragraph 8 where you seek judgment for the back rent you are owed. Once you get judgment there are abstract forms.You want to abstract it here, this records in real property records and clouds title to any property they might own or inherit. Thanks again.