How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Arbitrator
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 1361
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

One year ago we entered into a contract of deed to sell a house

Customer Question

One year ago we entered into a contract of deed to sell a house we owned. The contract of deed was recorded at our county recorders office. The couple we entered into the contract defaulted and has moved out of the house. We do not know where the couple is. We want to sell the house but the recorded contract for deed probably needs to be unrecorded or cancelled. How do we unrecord the contract or cancel it so we can sell the house.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. The way to cancel the land contract is to file an action in court. Recorded deeds are legally filed documents that cannot be unrecorded. You would need to go to court to file an action of breach of contract Ito have the judge issue and order giving you possession.

Related Real Estate Law Questions