How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2243
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I helped a family that was being abused by the daughters husband

Customer Question

I helped a family that was being abused by the daughters husband to relocate from Texas to North Carolina (emergency) on march 12,2016. It was until they found housing, that was March 12,2016. I now am having trouble getting them out. what rights do I have?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. This is a very difficult position to be in. If you have asked them to leave and they refuse to do so, they are a trespasser and the police may be willing to assist you with removing them. I say "may" because police officers are reluctant to get involved in matters that they consider civil unless it is clearly criminal in nature. But you have the right to contact the police regarding this situation.If you have accepted any type of money for them staying there, this could be problematic as a judge could determine you inadvertently converted them from guest to tenant in which you then would need to go through a formal eviction.It may help as well to contact homeless shelters in your area to see if they can be of assistance to you in getting them into temporary housing . Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I apologize that this was probably not the Answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (3 stars or more). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right.
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).