How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2242
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Both parents have passed house was left to my sister and I

Customer Question

both parents have passed house was left to my sister and I but she doesnt want anything to do with my parents items. The house is now being forclosed on how can i get the house soley in my name
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Has the estate been probated and the property titled in your sister and your name?This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i been dealing with this since 2009 she recently said after all this time she doesn't want anything tio do with my parents things and i been paying all the bills since 2009
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry you have been dealing with this situation for quit some time. A quit claim deed can be used to pass interest in the property. She could have disclaimed the gift but this must be done within a reasonable time (presumed to be 9 months after the death of the decedent). She can not be forced to sign the quit claim deed if she refuses to do so. Unfortunately, that would take a partition suit to have a court order division of interest in the property.Given the complexity and the issues that have arising, it really would be beneficial for you to retain the services of a local attorney to help prepare the necessary deed and documents to be recorded.All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! Please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).

Related Real Estate Law Questions