Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

If I own land in my neighbor's yard, am I legally required

Customer Question
If I own land in...
If I own land in my neighbor's yard, am I legally required to give him an easement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/24/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. How is it that you own land in your neighbor's yard? Please elaborate on your situation.2. What would the easement be for?3. Front, side or back yard?Doug
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The deed from smith's to Walter's contain a provision in the grant clause that the property was sold on the condition that it will never be used for any immoral purpose. If immoral purpose was to used in this propertyparty A sold their property to party B with provision in the grant clause of the deed that property was sold on the condition that it will never used fro any immoral purpose. party A also sold minerals in the property to party C. After years party B sold the property to party D which finance through local bank. Party D default the payment which bank had to foreclose. The city entered deal with developer to make the whole area including this property in commercial development including entertainment center where part of this property was developed into adult entertainment center which fall under immoral purpose. If the city want to know how to acquired the interest in this property. before the foreclosure take place.1. who owns what interest in the property now?
2.Can the lender foreclose on this property how, when and why?
3. what happen if the city pursues condemnation for this parcel of land? what are the issue about that procedure? Does this comply with kelo?
4. what happen if the city goes ahead with the planned development will any ownership change?
5. what will you advised the city about how they should acquired the property, proceed with the development and still own the property after the development begins operation
I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.Doug
Tina, Lawyer