How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7305
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are selling our home in Idaho and went to the realitor that

Customer Question

We are selling our home in Idaho and went to the realitor that helped us find our property.
He sent us a RE-16 seller representation agreement which I quicky and stupidly sighed electronically without reading properly. My wife, who is also an owner of the home, did read it and found that it contained a "dual representation and assigned agency clause.
I wish to break the contract and replace it with "limited dual agency".
Because only one of the owners of the property has singed the contract and the other is not willing to sign under the current conditions, is the contract in effect or can we cancel the agreement.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Thanks for contacting just answer. Generally, all listing agreements must be signed by all owners of the property. It would be unusual for a Realtor to refuse your request to change the nature of the agency agreement that you signed. They are not out anything at this point. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Related Real Estate Law Questions