Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Had a pipe burst in the house upstairs.There was lots of damage.Landlord

Customer Question
is trying to force us...
Had a pipe burst in the house upstairs.There was lots of damage.Landlord is trying to force us out by tomorrow.This is impossible.Can we stay until the end of the month?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/23/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. Yes if you have a lease or month to month you still have a right to reasonable notice and fair resolution.It is not reasonable here that you can just up and move.You can hold out for some kind of resolution.He cannot force you out if there is nowhere for you to go at this point.You are entitled to some time and some compromise in all of this. If the property is uninhabitable he should help you make alternate arrangements and pay for you to relocate and give you time to do so. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and the best here.
If you can positive rate it is much appreciated.
Ray, Lawyer