How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41643
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding my foreclosure I am trying to figure

Customer Question

I have a question regarding my foreclosure I am trying to figure out what will happen once I contact the attorney that is handling the case?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My ex wife and I divorced and went our separate ways and I moved away, she was supposed to take care of the handling of a short sale or foreclosing. she neglected all aspects and I recently called to find out what needs to happen to take care of this and the mortgage company gave me the name of the law firm handling the case. just wondering what to expect from tham when I call. will I have to pay, will I have to sign something. what? this was in 2010 and I left in 2012 and nothing has happened since.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You would want to ask about a deed in lieu here if you are on the mortgage.This is where you deed any interest you have back to lender and they do not pursue deficiency. If you want to try and take back the property you would need to make the loan current and pay any legal fees/late fees they tack on here in order to reinstate it.To me it is more prudent on your part to seek deed in lieu here and get out from under it.It will ding credit a bit but likely the late payments here have already done that. I would start by calling the law firm and asking about deed in lieu to get you out of this and the best option and see what they say.Otherwise you have to decide here if you want to spend the money to reinstate the loan and whether you can get title from the ex here as well. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Related Real Estate Law Questions