How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7408
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a lender "abandon acceleration" four years after the for

Customer Question

Can a lender "abandon acceleration" four years after the foreclosure sale. The lender was conveyed a trustee's deed and was judgment of possession in eviction suit.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
If you are asking if a lender can vacate a foreclosure judgment and sale, including an eviction of the owners four years after the fact, I'd say it could be done, but only under special circumstances and with a Court order.