Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We just refinanced our home. Signed loan docs. closing statement

Customer Question
and received the final HUD...
we just refinanced our home. Signed loan docs. closing statement and received the final HUD and check. The lender called us and told us we need send the check back because one of the funding conditions was to payoff our cars. Looking through our documents we never signed any documents stating this. we were never informed verbally either.
I argued with the lender and told him he was crazy, I'm not sending the check back, because we were never informed. We would never had agreed to the loan. Needless to say, I cashed the check and they put a stop payment on it. How is this legal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/20/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Were you ever given a written copy of the funding conditions / contingencies?What is your legal question about the situation you have described in your post?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, we were never given funding conditions.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We were given contingencies, that was to payoff our current loan with Wells Fargo. It was Cash Out Refi
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What Can I Do Legally to resolve this situation?
Thank you for your follow up.I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.
Tina, Lawyer