How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7310
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We own 30 acres on Lake Michigan (in Michigan) that

Customer Question

Hello, we own 30 acres on Lake Michigan (in Michigan) that is high it legal to tax us at waterfront rates, since we can NOT get to the water? Carolyn
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where and when will my answer appear? I was already charged the full amount!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been told by an attorney friend of mine that we should not be charged waterfront tax rates, since we do not have water access!!!!!! Please help me asap......
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello: I will try to assist, but I will need more information. What county do you live in? Have you checked with your county or township assessor to find out what official guidelines they are following with regard to properties like yours? I will be back on line tomorrow morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property is in Manistee county and no because I do not like him!
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to find any references to this special problem on line. The tax code guidelines for Lake MI front property could be set by either State, County or Township laws. There are companies in my state that specialize in seeking lower property tax assessments for homeowners. They are able to do the type of technical analysis of your assessment that we are unable to do from here. I suggest that you employ one of them that will work on a contingency fee basis. If you want help in locating such a company, I will be happy to assist in that effort.

Related Real Estate Law Questions