Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My name is ***** *****, it is regarding neighbor issue.

Customer Question
My next door neighbor broke...
My name is ***** *****, it is regarding neighbor issue. My next door neighbor broke my new fence where between his side yard and my back yard, I have handy man to fix once already, but still broke many places again. Then, the new side yard fence by the street broke over 40 piecees of wood, I have flat tires in my drive way often, one or two in a year, the latest flat tire happened in the end of 2015. After too many flat tirees, I start to check and pick nails every week, still found nails in my property where next to his garage drive way, or at public walk way or by the street. I planted trees, the trees was away the fence two feet as tall as fence, he cut two all of the trees. Even my old tree in the back yard, I told him to stop cross my property to cut my trees, stop throw nails, trash to my property , it does not work. He even pees on the fence every night over 10 times
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am a Asain, I moved to my sister, house in 1994 from Maryland , So the neighbor live next door since then, we waved or talked, he was in the front yard played his old car every day any time. He wanted to change oil of my car I paid him higher then auto shop, but when I drove to work, engine complete dead, I have AAA tow truck to tow. He was watching in the front yard. I have picked my mail from CA government in his lawn when I return home, I thought it was his mao
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried to offer and compromise , or talk to him , it does not work. I even went to city to make sure I did not do any thing wrong. He still watching people , and drinking in the front of garage . He was by himself before, did not bother people. After he married to his wife , and now have twin children , things are getting difficult, because his wife support him and his children. I really want to move away with my husband and my dogs, but the damages are still happened. I really want to fix problems , but other buyers will face the same.
4/19/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: J. Warren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am very sorry you are dealing with a neighbor like this and empathize with your frustration. There are several causes of action that you can take against your neighbor. In addition, there a potential criminal charges that can be brought against him as well for the purposefully throwing nails, for urinating on your property and tampering with your mail.He could be held liable for damages to you for cutting down the trees. In addition, if you can prove that his acts caused the truck to break down he could be liable for the repairs.Here is your problem however, your neighbor is not nice and you are limited in how you can resolve these issues by either going to court or seeking some form of neighbor mediation. Mediation requires cooperation on both parties, it does not appear the neighbor is willing to act reasonably so this is an unlikely avenue.The other is to simply hire a local attorney and sue him for damages to your property and also seeking an order by a judge to stop his behavior or face further penalty or contempt of court which may result in serving jail time.Here is a link to the State Bar of California Lawyer Referral Service, I recommend you contact them immediately and retain a lawyer to assist you with this problem: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/LawyerReferralServicesLRS.aspxAll my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (3 stars or more). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Payment method error?
If you are having issues with rating and submitting payment you will need to contact customer service, I do not have access to that process, sorry.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Shall I bring him to the small claim court?
You can bring him to small claims that is also an option which does not require the use of a lawyer. Here is a self help link to California small claims: http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims.htm. you may sue up to $10,000 in small claims.All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (3 stars or more). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The card number I have provided , as same as the first payment.
I have alerted customer service as well regarding payment issue.
>
J. Warren
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer