How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16379
Experience:  13 years experience in RE Law, including LL/Tenant, contractor disputes, comm'l prop. issues
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the equivalent of the term "expungement" civil

Customer Question

What is the equivalent of the term "expungement" for a civil case, where the result was falsely decided by the circuit court and the court of special appeal in the State of Maryland.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there ---There would be no way to wipe the civil record clean of the case if that is what you are seeking. In a case like this if the courts agree that the result was false and baseless in a civil suit, the court will dismiss the case. However, the record of the lawsuit will be in the records forever unless you file a specific motion to SEAL the civil files. Sealing the case can be done if the case is sensitive or prejudicial or something like that -- you would have to present your reasons why even having the dismissed civil case on the record should not be permitted to happen and the judge will rule on the matter. -