How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed bankruptcy before judgement entered (plaintiff

Customer Question

I filed bankruptcy before judgement entered (plaintiff prevailed) on breached contract. He was awarded specific performance there were no damages but he wants Attorney fees double the sales price I have a homestead-disabled no job must sign deed over May 9 can Bankruptcy allow me to keep my home all I did was change my mind he owns 22 of these Townhouses
I own only 1 can the court be so cruel to put me in the street with nothing? Retired nurse 59yrs old
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

If the court awarded specific performance, then the sale must go through according to the terms of the contract. The only way you will be able to avoid attorney's fees would be to file and go through with the bankruptcy assuming he does not file into the bankruptcy as a creditor.

The bankruptcy court will not undo what the state court ruled. That would only be done by appealing the state court's decision to the appellate court level.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.