How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16379
Experience:  13 years experience in RE Law, including LL/Tenant, contractor disputes, comm'l prop. issues
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just fired my Buyers Agent and would like to retain a

Customer Question

Hi I just fired my Buyers Agent and would like to retain a RE attorney to write up another offer on the same property. My agent did not find the house for me, never bothered to walk me through the house, and has been completely AWOL in the negotiations. The last straw was when she did not show for an important meeting last week and we waited for her for 2 hours. Anyway, I was not under contract with her and I just terminated the offer that she wrote up. What is the best way to find a lawyer to write the new offer? I am doing all the negotiations myself, as I am offering full price; and the negotiations pertain only to the cost of the change orders. I have an open line of communication with the builders regarding those (I am also in the construction industry). Would like to pay closer to $200 an hour for a junior attorney as this is pretty straightforward if possible. andrea
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there ---Are you seeking a simple offer to purchase which you will then take another step and enter into a formal purchase and sale agreement or are you seeking to do it all in one document ? -MARY
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since they had already accepted my offer of 385,000 before with 2 agents, I would like to send out another offer/agreement "all in one" type deal as I am going to have addendum listing all the changes and costs and requesting that the 3% they were going to pay to my absent agent be deducted from the change order costs I need to deposit into escrow. The form agent sent was the OREF 006 new residential construction real estate sales agreement. There still would be a Seller's agent, just not a Buyer agent. Hope that clarifies. There was also attached the OREF 060 and the OREF 041.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello again ---I ask because I was going to direct you to a simple offer form. I am not in Oregon so I can only suggest that you contact customer service if you need something done quickly. In the meantime I will take myself off the question and put it back on the open board for others to respond. Please do not reply to this because it will then send the question back to me and delay others viewing your request. -MARY
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what my rights are and if he even has any kind of a case. I don't see a case of anything on his part. The wall belongs to you, and you can do with it as you wish. The may object to what you did is being unattractive, but that doesn't make it illegal by any stretch the imagination.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this is not my question that you answered. I have no idea whose question that was. Don't want to give you bad feedback but is there a way I can fix this with customer service? My question needed a quicker response anyway
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello again ---I just saw this question still on the board. You can call customer service at(###) ###-####and they can assist you with these matters. -MARY