Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We sold a home. The VA loan was assumed. After closing we

Customer Question

We sold a home. The VA loan was assumed. After closing we received a statement from Wells Fargo indicating the balance in our escrow account, however they never sent the funds to us. It turns out that at closing we signed a document that signed away our escrow. This form was not given to us to review in advance and was clearly not explained at closing.
I asked Wells Fargo to provide me with a full accounting of my escrow account, showing where those funds went and they have not responded. There was nothing in the settlement statement that indicated I was signing away nearly $1,000. The title company has also been no help. I indicated to them that our purchase agreement did not include assigning our escrow to the buyer, but they were no help, as it was a Wells Fargo document.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?