How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3675
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** Rainey. If my hoa never sends a

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** ***** Rainey. If my hoa never sends a statement and has went up on the price. How am i to know? Also once they have file a lien on your home. With court paper. Can they keep adding on money
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. 2014 i owed. For some years. My hoa gave it to they lawyer . She set up a payment plan . Before i started i ask was 2015 include. Jan. 2015. She sent my payment plan. It may was my last payment. June i call to get my key card . To my hoa . And they tell me. I still owe 900. But couldn't tell me why. July the lawyer send me a letter saying i owe 1700. Next month said i owe i think it was 1200. Next month said i owe 541. I call and ask why do i owe.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I will open up the question for other experts.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest that you make a demand that he repay you for the fees that the HOA is claiming. This is lawyer malpractice and the attorney should pay you damages and have the lien removed. Tell him that if he does not repay you, you will make a complaint to the state bar and have him disbarred. The state bar will also make him pay you the damages. I suggest that you file the complaint if he doesn't pay your damages right away. Please rate the anwer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.