How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9395
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California and having a property owner of a condo

Customer Question

I live in California and having a property owner of a condo for the past three years. HOA Meetings have been held in the past and members had agreed the next project would be the removal of the tree next to my property that's been damaging my roof. I've also asked to get copies of the agendas of our meetings. The agency that collects my dues said the board hasn't submitted anything so for that reason there is nothing to give.
Now I've requested to find it the update add to when this tree would be removed and I was told it will take a few months before they can get a complete board because the number of people they have isn't enough to make a decision. My property is getting damaged and there is the risk that with these winds the tree may come down on my condo. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Who owns the tree?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's on the property condominium property complex. I called the city and they informed me it doesn't belong to the city. The tree is not on my side of the fence, it's on the side of what looks like an alley which is the garage entrance to the other property owners condominiums.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
You could hire a licensed tree service to cut off any limbs that are overhanging your property and then present the bill to the condo association. Limbing a tree is much less expensive than removing it, and doing that will afford some protection to your property while waiting for the condo board to act. If they refuse to pay the bill you can sue to recover the cost in small claims court. You might want to send a letter to the association warning it that if they do not remove the tree within 10 days that you will have it pruned to protect your property. I hope this information is helpful.