How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19304
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About 3 years ago I was served an eviction notice after falling

Customer Question

About 3 years ago I was served an eviction notice after falling behind in my rent due to health issues. Before the eviction was carried out I was able to raise enough money to pay my landlord what was owed. He told me that the only way he'd let me keep my apartment was to sign this paper stating that I wouldn't be late with my rent anymore. The problem was that my next pay check fell on the 15th and I'd emptied out my bank accounts to pay the back rent. At this point my former land lord decided to evict me again and refuse to take the rent late.
Now I find myself trying to rent again and I'm being barred from every place I try because of this eviction. My former land lord won't take the rent I owed him in exchange for removing the eviction so I can get on with my life. What can I do? I need this eviction off my record.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, if your former Landlord refuses to take the back rent and remove the eviction on your record, the eviction will stay on your record. There is no way around it. If the eviction was properly recorded on your record, you cannot force the Landlord or the credit reporting agencies to remove the eviction from your record. I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Real Estate Law Questions