Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I own property in Lincoln County Oregon. There is a granted

Customer Question

I own property in Lincoln County Oregon. There is a granted easement through a portion of my property for 3 property owners to get to their property. The easement is 30 feet wide and the approved road access on this easement is approved by the county for a*****width easement to allow the other property owners to access their property. Is it true that the 15 foot easement for ingress to their property to use the road is the only portion of the easement permitted for the access to the property? There is also utilities located on the easaement and I assumed that the 30 foot easement would allow for other public utility access in the future if needed or if the other property owners wanted to pursue a wider road ingress. Is this correct? So bot***** *****ne question is;....are the other property owners restricted to using only the*****width access for ingress to their property and not to encroach on the remaining easement without proper or lawful process?.......thanks DM
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Is it true that the 15 foot easement for ingress to their property to use the road is the only portion of the easement permitted for the access to the property?.That depends on what the actual easement states.. If it states it is 30 feet wide, then the easement holders have the right to cross over a 30 foot wide strip of your land to access theirs. The fact that the county has a restriction on the road access just means that you as the owner can't build an actual road wider than that. But theoretically the easement holders could drive off the road and through the remaining 15 feet if necessary..So if the written easement says 30 feet, then they could potentially use the entire 30 feet width to access their properties. ..thanksBarrister