How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34289
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 86 years old and hold a reverse mortgage on my home,

Customer Question

I am 86 years old and hold a reverse mortgage on my home, legally separated husband is 88yers old and has threatened to take over home if I leave it on a temporary basis for surgery and recovery. My legal papers are missing from my files, I do leave one door unlocked when gone because of small pet and concerns for fire, etc. It was following a relatives visit last spring that papers seem to have disappeared. I now need proof of status on home, my rights, etc. thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what do you mean proof of status?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking how to request a copy of the deed? Or of the contract for reverse mortgage?

Related Real Estate Law Questions