How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27598
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Entered into contract to purchase house got cold feet backed

Customer Question

entered into contract to purchase house got cold feet backed out realtor kept entire earnest money 1000.00
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Did they say why? Was there an inspection or due diligence period? How long did you wait to back out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
contract march 17 cancel march 29 300 for inspection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am i waiting on u or are u waiting on me i sent response march 17 cancel march 29 300 for inspection
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
and what is the reason the realtor is keeping the money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont know i guess because they can i guess i wouldnt need an attorney if i knew why i would probably dropped and try to forget except text messages stating i needed to come sign releases of earnest money so i went and signed waited to receive check guess what? i signed releases to realtor got tricked now want revenge even if attorney gets most of money
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. as long as you backed and cancelled in the time period allowed under the contract you should be entitled to a full refund of your deposit. Now, there needs to be a legal basis for them to keep the money and assert their right so you need to make a written demand for it and see if they can show and support the basis for it. If not you can sue and file a complaint against the realtor for wrongfully withholding and trying to impose a claim on the deposit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir i have known that from day one my problem is getting an ATTORNEY to do such that is why i contacted you
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the clarification. Our website does not offer legal representation. We are happy to answer any questions which you may have and try and assist with information you need to help but can not write any legal documents on your behalf. Your initial question did not ask about representing you so please just let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dear sir i am seeking legal representation regarding real estate transaction thank you sincerely *****
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. Our site can not represent you so you will need to contact customer service and they can issue you a refund. Thank you for understand.