How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37830
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the process to transfer ownership of deeded property

Customer Question

What is the process to transfer ownership of deeded property located in Texas when owner lives in Virginia? In fact, both parties who will be involved in this transfer live in Virginia.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..The owner in VA needs to have a local TX attorney prepare a deed for the property located in TX. Then the attorney can mail or email the deed to the VA owner and they can then have the deed executed there in VA with the other party by signing it and having it notarized in VA. It doesn't matter where a deed is signed and executed as long as it was properly prepared by an attorney licensed in the state where the property is physically located..Once signed and notarized, the new owner can mail in the deed to the local land records office in TX in the county where the property is located so it can be recorded to finalize the transfer. They should call the land records office to find out what any recording fees are so they can include a check for the correct amount to have it recorded...thanksBarrister