How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My family has lived on this property years there was

Customer Question

my family has lived on this property for 41 years there was a verbal agreement between my father and grandmother for a 99 year lease to let a family member on this property my problem is the property was sold when my grandmother passed away now I have to pay rent my question is what can I do about it my family has been paying rent for about 25 years or more is that agreement valid
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Please clarify your question. I can't tell what the problem is. Apparently the property was sold by your grandmother's estate so you have no a right to live there for free. Perhaps a telephone consultation would be more in order for a question that is this complex.

Related Real Estate Law Questions