How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been notified that I have a lien on my house.

Customer Question

I have been notified that I have a lien on my house. It was place by a renter for return of security deposit. It was a negotiated amount determined by negotiator, who was in her favor, even with evidence. Nevertheless, I want to pay the amount and have the lien off my house.
The plaintiff is not taking my calls to be able to pay. I sent email, phone msg, and txt. No answer.
What can I do?
Can I send her a check?
The lien is for a certain amount, however there are other costs to attach the lien. The exact amount is unknown to me.
What can I do to get lien off my property.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Do you have a current address for the judgment creditor?..thanks Barrister

Related Real Estate Law Questions