How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If property is left on your Property 3 years.. They

Customer Question

If property is left on your Property for over 3 years.. They were renters, they owed for damages to my property. How can I make it legal. To own it.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: It's a motorcycle I've has it for over five years the person bought from another person and never registered the bike. To put a lien on the bike I would have to go to dmv to get info I have no info on previous owners
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No connect us
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
What state is the property located in?
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Are you there?There are particular state laws on the issue and I can give you a broad answer. Normally you cannot get a lien or take ownership of a piece of property that has a title such a motorcycle as the piece of property cannot be sold without the title. Normally with other property, some states allow you to sell the property and recoup the money owed to you but there are limits in amount and value of the property. In this case I can say that it is improbable that you will be able to take ownership of the motorcycle or put a lien on it. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Related Real Estate Law Questions