Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I live in a second floor condo, my neighbor's a/c unit is on

Customer Question
top of the roof like...
I live in a second floor condo, my neighbor's a/c unit is on top of the roof like the every one else's , but his vibrates and is way too loud, thus I'm not able to sleep at night when such unit kicks off. I already contacted the HOA president who instructed me to talk to my neighbor. I contacted him and asked him to have his unit checked, I even let him get into my place and hear the noise and vibration it causes. However ,he claims his unit was just repaired and that all the units are loud and vibrate meaning he won't do anything about it. I had a technician check my a/c unit , which is located next to his, the tech concluded that his unit should be replaced, then I contacted the HOA president again. He said he was gonna talk to him , but nothing has been done and a week already went by. It seems they don't want to do anything about it. I need some help please
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/10/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
You need to file formal complaint against the neighbor with your HOA Board. Then if the Board refuses to get involved or fails to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, then you would not have any choice but to file lawsuit against your neighbor for violation of quiet enjoyment of your premises. You would need to include a written opinion of the HVAC technician that the A/C unit needs to be replaced. You may need the assistance of local Attorney who handles HOA and neighbor disputes to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: Lawyers.com Justia.com Findlaw.com Consumeradvocates.org Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law