How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney 1 Your Own Question
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2601
Experience:  Knowledgable and Experienced Attorney
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney 1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live san francisco,ca. I need a lawyer petition

Customer Question

I live san francisco,ca. I need a lawyer for spousal petition as I have appointment 4-18-16 at superior court. can I be helped ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist. Unfortunately, side rules do not allow attorneys here to undertake direct representation, but I'm happy to point you in the right direction. You need to find representation quickly, and a good referral source is the San Francisco Bar Association at: You would request a list of family law attorneys. Considering the time element, it's a good idea to do this as soon as possible. Another option is the self helpdesk at the courthouse. They can tell you what steps you need to take to protect her rides without an attorney, and you may be able to hire an attorney right there on the spot. This covers two bases with a single effort, but is your second line of defense since it is faster and easier to call attorneys from the referral service first. The self-help info and attorney availability hours (free service at the courthouse) can be found here, along with additional forms and instructions that you can use, if necessary, too: I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please let me know that, as well. Also, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide​. Good luck! Best,Attorney 1
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm here to help. Best,Attorney 1