WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I have a property in a seller finance. The tenant has not

Customer Question

I have a property in a seller finance. The tenant has not paid the mortgage in 3 months. The contract ended on March 20th. He was supposed to pay off the balance or move out. He is still in the property and now has filed bankruptcy. The property is located in Salt Lake City Utah. What type of attorney do I need to represent me?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the property released from the bankruptcy quickly?
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Actually, since he has now filed bankruptcy, there is an automatic stay on all legal actions against him until the bankruptcy is discharged. That means you can't file a lawsuit to evict him or repossess the property until after the bankruptcy is resolved.You would be considered a creditor in the bankruptcy and you should be listed on the schedule of creditors. You should hire a creditors rights attorney who practices in the bankruptcy area to represent you. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.