How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not respond to the CIV-100 / UD-150. What will happen

Customer Question

I did not respond to the CIV-100 / UD-150. What will happen to me? can they show up at my door and make me leave immediately?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,The landlord will get a judgment of possession, and they can then have the sheriff forcibly evict you.In most cases, the sheriff will give you a "courtesy notice" a couple of days in advance (this is not required, but most departments do so).However, in order to avoid a forcible eviction, it is in your best interest to simply contact your landlord and make arrangements with them to vacate the unit as quickly possible. (Your landlord will appreciate having you vacate on your own because they will not have to pay the sheriff, and you will benefit because you do not have to worry about the forcible eviction (and eventually being responsible for paying back the landlord)).If you do decide to take this route, be reasonable - the landlord has a right to possession, so plan on vacating the unit promptly, find a storage locker, help from friends or family, or some other means to rapidly vacate the unit so that the property is returned to the landlord without necessitating an eviction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you for your help!
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.Bill