How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42862
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Neighbors hous is above grade of my house recently they pointed

Customer Question

Neighbors hous is above grade of my house recently they pointed a downspout that is 10 feet from our house directly towards our house and recon toured thier hill. Now every time it rains the walkway between our houses that I own and use to access the back yard floods and ponds and I fear water entering our rancher
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Real Estate Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.Whats state is involved here so I may reply and help, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pennsylvania east norriton 19401
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information.Here you are able to use for such actions by the neighbor to redirect the natural flow of water. You cans sue here for compensation for cost of repairs and replacementscompensation for expenses such as having to stay at a motelreimbursement for medical expensescompensation for mental distress, if you have suffered an underlying physical injurypunitive damages, if a neighbor acted maliciously.Pa lawNatural Flow Theory/ Civil Law Rule: The owner of the lower or servientestate must accept surface water from the upper or dominant estate in itsnatural flow, and the owner of the dominant estate may not require the ownerof the servient estate to accept a greater runoff by increasing or concentratingthe flow. In short, under this theory, one cannot alter the natural flow ofsurface waters where such action would injure the adjoining estate. You may want to involve a lawyer locally to send letter threatening suit unless she resolves this and correct the problem. Lawyer referral here I am so sorry you are having to deal with this, you have remedies in the court if you have to sue here.