Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I paid $750 to have a new air conditioner motor installed

Customer Question
last July in my...
I paid $750 to have a new air conditioner motor installed last July in my condo, and it's very noisy. After dozens of calls to the business, they finally sent someone out in February, and it was determined that it was the wrong motor that was installed. I am still waiting for the correct one to be installed, and just keep getting the run around from the owner. He doesn't return my calls, and tells me he'll get to it when he has another job in my building.
This person was recommended to me by my condo office manager. Can I withhold my maintenance fees until it is taken care of?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/7/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Roger, Lawyer
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Is the work covered by your maintenance fee OR is the repair expense yours alone to pay?
Tina, Lawyer