How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. I have a friend who past

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. I have a friend who for the past month maybe two has been communicating with an individual about a home to be purchased. She has done renovations to the home making it livable where as before it was not. Today an officer came to the house asking them to vacate the property as it is supposidley bank owned. What should she do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: As of right now that is all I can come up with. But if I get some advice something else may come to mind.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did your friend and the owner sign a written agreement for your friend to purchase the home? Do I understand correctly that she was living there? Was she a tenant? Was there a written lease?