Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

What is Lis pendens. I am wondering if this can help my si

Customer Question
tuation...
what is Lis pendens. I am wondering if this can help my si tuation
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/7/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: RONB-ESQ, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. A Lis pendens is used to put all people on notice that a lawsuit has been filed that directly impacts the subject piece of real property. It is recorded in the same place deeds are recorded and used so that no one can claim they were unaware of pending litigation that affects the presumed owners right to the property. I previously worked for a company that acquired natural gas pipeline easements across property and when all other efforts failed and we condemned the property we filed a Lis pendens so that any potential buyer of the same property would have knowledge of our pending action to use eminent domain to take the easement and pay fair compensation to the owner. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply and let me know. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I receive credit for the time I spent answering your question, additionally a bonus is not required but always greatly appreciated. If for some reason you don’t feel you can provide me positive feedback please reply and give me the opportunity to clarify my answer before giving me negative feedback.Regards, Ron
You might provide a little background or ask some follow up question so I fully answer your question as I am uncertain what you mean by "wondering if this can help my situation?" Ron
Please note the site indicates that you requested a phone call and when I accepted that request it stated that payment for service failed and we will attempt to contact customer and fix situation (I believe that means customer service will contact you to resolve). You can contact customer service here if needed If you have any billing issues, you can contact JustAnswer.com Award Winning Customer Service:http://ww2.justanswer.com/help or 1.***-***-****.
If you wish we can also continue typing here, but I do understand you can cover much more information quicker using a phone call. You might contact customer service and then let me know how you wish to proceed. Ron
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer