How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own 10 acres of land at*****in Minden, La. I

Customer Question

I own 10 acres of land at*****in Minden, La. I let someone live on for approximately 5 years. In the last two years he started contracting with the city of Minden to tear down old houses that had asbestos and lead based paint. I told him he could not dump that on my land. I had him evicted. The sheriff investigators said I could not do anything about it because I had let him live on my land. The State Police said they would do nothing because the Sheriff had jurisdiction. I hired a lawyer but this has been going on over a year. In that time my land has flooded two times. That water flows into Dorcheat bayou. I am a 100 per cent disabled veteran how do I contact the EPA?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Are you being told that you can't sue or take action against this person for dumping asbestos and lead-based paint on your property just because you allowed him to live there?

Related Real Estate Law Questions