How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancé died I don't know if his daughter's name Is ***** *****

Customer Question

My fiancé died I don't know if his daughter's name Is ***** ***** deed I believe that it was joint tenants in common, so that would indeed go to his children as would mine. I want to see the deed and would like to get it on line I tried to refinance and they told me the deed was not clear. I have paid the mortgage for 8 years and he died approx. 4 years ago. I am still paying but can't refinance or sell unless she agrees The attorneys have not been able to help actually advising me to walk away from the property after paying them 1500 dollars. I am so confused with the legal part of this and how to move forward.
Any advise would be appreciatedThank You
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,Getting a copy of the actual deed or title report is actually fairly simple (and you generally do not need an attorney to do so).You can either visit the County Recorder's Office and view the documents on file (this is the least expensive way to do it, however if you do not have experience with public records searches it is easy to overlook documents, and sometimes the documents can be difficult to interpret).The easiest method is to simply purchase a title report, you can get one from a title company (major title companies include Old Republic, Chicago Title, and First American, but there are many others), they can provide you a quick and comprehensive title report for the property that will tell you exactly what the title (deed) to the property says, who owns it, and will go a long way towards clearing up any potential property interest you may have.