How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a duplex in Iowa City, Iowa that was involved in a drug

Customer Question

I own a duplex in Iowa City, Iowa that was involved in a drug raid None of the people that were in the house were my renters But the police say my renter had to know or give them access to the unit. No arrests were made yet. But money & drugs were convicted can I evict the renter, if so what process or form do I use to make sure I am not accused of wrongful eviction & what amount of time before the renters leave the unit.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Does your lease prohibit illegal activity from taking place in the unit? Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lease says "The tenant shall conduct himself or herself in a manner that will not disturb a neighbor's peaceful enjoyment of the premises." also, "Tenant shall not assign this Rental Agreement, nor sublet the dwelling unit or any portion thereof, without the written consent of the Landlord." I have found out that the person involved in the raid was staying in the basement of the unit without my written permission or notification. This was news to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that Premium Service and I'll process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.Thanks in advance,Doug

Related Real Estate Law Questions