How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I report loud dog barking that disrupts the neighbo

Customer Question

How do I report loud dog barking that disrupts the neighborhood?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Generally, barking dogs is covered under a claim of disturbing the peace or a private nuisance, and the owner is generally responsible for the actions of his/her pet. Someone who allows a dog to bark after numerous warnings from police may be charged with disturbing the peace. So, it's likely that you'll have to make a few calls to police for the dog barking in order to make a record that this is an ongoing issue and that the owner doesn't take action to stop it.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
After a few calls to the police, it is likely that the authorities will charge the owner.....but if that doesn't happen, you can actually file charges yourself.